A Guide to Accommodation, Activities, Restaurants & Businesses in Addo, South Africa
The Addo Elephant National Park, with its core situated in the Sundays River Valley and stretching from the Karoo region north of the Zuurberg Mountain Range to the coast and islands of Algoa Bay of South Africa’s Eastern Cape Province, is the heartbeat of the Greater Addo Route.
The Route circles this unique South African destination and includes the villages of Addo, Colchester, Canonville, Kirkwood, Sunland and Paterson. This beautiful part of the world is surrounded by divergent thickets of Spekboom and wide grassy patches. The region is flourishing with citrus estates, roses and an incredible bird life.
Accommodation in Addo
Accommodation includes several luxury Lodges, B & B’s, camping facilities and Self-Catering units. The Addo area is reputed to be one of the areas designated to become one of the highest projected tourism developments in South Africa.
Activities in Addo
The Greater Addo Route is 100% malaria free and offers some of the best and easily accessible Big 5 and Big 7 game viewing in South Africa!
- The longest, widest, least degraded coastal sand dunes in the southern hemisphere - right here in the villages!
- The most densely populated elephant National Park in the world.
- The only Big 7 National park in the world.
- Elephant back riding, private game reserves, the night life that Port Elizabeth can offer as well as all its beautiful beaches.
- Ecologically one of the cleanest rivers in the Eastern Cape, well known for river activities.
- Activities such as bird watching - 250 bird species along the estuary, canoeing (blue flag) on the river, cruising on a double dekker ferry to explore the river, estuary, dunes.
- Addo Elephant National Park, for game viewing.
Restaurants in Addo
There are many restaurants on offer to suit every visitors budget. There is a great selection of restaurants, coffee shops and pubs to choose from!
|Addo Tourism Office Information|
|Telephone:||+27 (0)42 233 0040|
Latest Listings - View All
Latest Articles - View All
|Start:||12 February, 2017|
|End:||12 February, 2017|